This notice applies to citizens of the United States of America and supplements the information contained in the Privacy Notice of ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions and its subsidiaries (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the United States of America when you visit the ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions website or provide contact information to receive ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions services (collectively, our “Services”).
We adopt this notice to comply with state regulations such as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other member state laws such as Nevada Privacy Law. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
3. Cookie Consent
4. Personal Information
ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions takes your privacy seriously and does not monetize your personal information. Certain states such as California and Nevada define the “sale” of data broadly, including the sharing of data with third parties. Under CCPA using cookie related technologies to display personalized advertisements to our website visitors such as with Google Ads may be defined as a “sale”. The following section describe the “collection, sharing, disclosing, selling” of personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Sources of personal information:
– Directly from you, for example, through information collected from you when you fill out a contact form to request information or services.
– Directly and indirectly from you when using our Services or visiting our website. For example, usage details collected automatically in the course of your interaction with our platform or website.
– Directly from our customers, channel partners or their agents. For example, from information our clients provide to us related to the Services for which they engage us.
– As described further under ‘Information we collect from third parties’ under Section 1.1 ‘What personal data we collect’ in our Privacy Notice
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the business purposes describe in Section 1.2 ‘Use of your personal data’ in our Privacy Notice.
Sharing Personal Information
ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions takes your privacy seriously and does not monetize your personal information. Certain states such as California and Nevada define the “sale” of data broadly, including the sharing of data with third parties. Under CCPA using cookie related technologies to display personalized advertisements to our website visitors such as with Google Ads may be defined as a “sale”. The following section describe the “sharing, disclosing, selling of personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
– Category A: Identifiers
– Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
– Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
– Category G: Geolocation data
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
– Service Providers who provide services connected to our applications, surveys, web services, and the other purposes defined above.
– Our customers, channel partners or their agents for which you have engaged in a business contract.
– Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with our Services.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the following personal information.
– Category A: Identifiers, such as the ones used in our cookies technologies i.e. in Google Ads
5. Your rights with respect to personal data
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. You may submit a request:
– For access to your personal information that we process
– To correct or delete data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant
– For an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you
– To ask to restrict or object to the processing
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the requested information. You may be asked to provide additional proof of identification so that we can verify your identity, and we may require that you validate the request. Please note that you are limited by law in the number of requests you may submit per year. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us if we have a valid legal reason such as, to provide you with goods or services you have requested, for security reasons, customer support or comply with other legal obligations.
To exercise these rights, please refer to the contact details at the bottom of this statement. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
– Deny you use of our Services.
– Provide you a different level or quality of Services.
7. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. The date this Privacy Notice was last updated is identified at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
8. Authorized Agents
To the extent that you elect to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, they must provide appropriate documentation including a written signed permission form from you, proof of your identity, and verification of their identity; or a valid, designated power of attorney, as required under the California Probate Code. We may require additional proof of authority or may need to contact you directly to validate the request.
9. Contact details
For questions and/or comments about our policies and this statement, please contact us by using the following contact details:
Requests to exercise your rights should be addressed to:
“Attn.: ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions Data Protection Manager”
261 44 Landskrona
Toll Free number: 1833-648-0107
Last updated: 10 of March 2022